Thursday, March 3, 2011

My College Days (Last Part): My first heart break!!

I was elected as a Treasure in the Economic Council in my college. I was responsible in managing funds for our college festivals. Big responsibility for me, but I was comfortable in that. This was the period when people started knowing me and my gang nicely, some of them appreciated and some envied on our friendship, but there were huge interest in joining our group.
I still remember, we are selected to volunteer the project exhibition. This was started as an initiative to make students aware about creating best projects. We had taken out some best and well appreciated project files and kept them in an exhibition. We had a planning session, before starting of the exhibition and that happened, which should not have happened.
Ramesh and I were sitting on the same desk and my entire group had occupied desks around my desk. The whole class was packed with students from different streams, different classes and different groups. I could see the same group; I met the first day in the college. I was not at all concerned with other groups, as I was there for a purpose. I was paying attention to the professor, who was explaining the next few days plan for the exhibition.
Suddenly, Ramesh started to poke me, at first I neglected it, but when it continued, I asked him, why are you doing this?” He pointed to one girl, sitting diagonally opposite of my desk and was peeping at me every now and then. I caught that girl looking at me and gave her a smile. But as I smiled to her, she started looking to some other girl. It was a sort of adventure.
The day ended and we all left for home. It was around 6 pm and I was doing some college works, then suddenly, my phone rang. I picked up the phone and said “HELLO”, surprisingly there was no answer from the other end. Again I said “Hello...Who’s there?” there was no answer. I disconnected the call and kept the receiver down. Suddenly the phone rang again, and I ran to pick that up, it was the same thing happening again. I was angry now and I shouted on the phone and was about to disconnect, then suddenly a voice came from the other end.
I realized that, it was a girl’s voice and was the same girl, who called me earlier. I shouted on her and made her realized that I don’t like this type of stuffs. She apologized to me and said that she was not doing intentionally, as she was not having courage to start a conversation. I felt the genuity in what she was telling me and forgive her. From that day, she used to call me every day at the same time. I was also sort of addicted to talk with her. The day when her call didn’t come to me, was the worst for me. I would realize the inclination towards her.
I often asked her, “From where did you get my number?” and every time she used to change the topic. The only thing she used to tell me that, “I wanted your number, so I got it “, actually, she was able to get more information about me, beyond my imagination and I was impressed by that. The suddenly one day, in between our conversation, she told me something, which gripped me with anxiety. She said” I want to tell you my feeling s for you?” ohhh….this was the first time for me, when a girl said something like this to me.
Well, I was never shy and composed by nature, when meeting with girls, but not even blunt in going directly to any and every one to meet. I never approached anyone in the first impression. I was in great dilemma, as to how to react on this.
It’s not that, I was not interested in knowing, what she felt for me but in the same time, I was scared that what if she said anything, which I couldn’t take. With great courage, I told her that I would be glad to hear her thoughts. She smartly said,” I get impatient, wait till tomorrow. You will get to know!!!” That was not acceptable to me. This was the first time when I didn’t want to cut the call. But there was no option given to me.
My wait till the next day was hectic. I was always thinking, what she would say to me. I didn’t call anyone from my home and was waiting for her call, then suddenly the phone rang, and my heart skipped a beat. I picked up the call and said “Hello”. My heart was racing at that time; I reminded her of the last day’s conversation and told her to break the suspense. She said “I LOVE YOU!!!” and I laughed like a mad man. She was surprised and little angree on me; at least she didn’t expect me to react this way.
She at once dropped the call before I could explain and I was feeling little bit guilty of what I have done. I thought, because of my foolishness I lost her before she could know what I felt for her. I sat in the near chair, lost. I was confident, that she will never call me again. I might have insulted her or her feelings. But then again the phone rang, but I was least expecting her call, but she was there and without going for much greetings, she fired a question to me. I was not surprised at the question but was expecting.
She at once asked, “Do you love me?” I was puzzled, what to answer. Although there were some feeling for her, but whether I should tag it as LOVE, but there was no chance of going back and analyze my feelings for her. Without a second do, I said “I LOVE YOU too”, she paused for a while and then laughed. But I was surprised that, what she found in me against so many good looking guys in the college. She said, “There is something in you, which made me to think like this.” I knew some of my x-factors.
Till today, I think the relationship we had; we never met with each other only chatted over phone. I knew, no one will understand the situation, as it is. But I don’t want to think about the authenticity of this relationship. I somehow managed to convince her to meet me and fortunately Valentine’s Day was coming. We made a good plan for that day, but it was not my day. I was little late for the meeting and when I came to the college running, I saw that she was having a company of a guy. What I was seeing, it was not that they were friends, but it was something different only.
My heart broke so badly that I threw the flowers on the road, in front of her and walked. I didn’t look back, but I knew she was looking at me. For me, what I saw was enough for me to understand the current and future of this relation. From that day, I stopped talking to her over phone.

5 comments:

  1. So eloquent love story that went horribly wrong, it looks like an APRIL FOOL joke to me rather than Valentine day proposal. But it is good that you have moved on made light of your burden...cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man...Indeed i have moved on, but it was neigther easy to forget nor to forgive. Time has acted as a big healer and life has supported me in this. Catch up for my forth comming on some more intresting stuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man...it's a fact that there are maximum breakups on Valentines Day...and htf u have some much time to type all this..............????????

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude...although you might me working for your whole life but it is equally important to keep your hobbies alive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. but u r surely sensible to move on fast

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger