Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My College Days (Part 1): Reached College!!!

I completed my school and was excited to go to the college. Luckily, I got an admission to one of the reputed colleges of New Bombay. I somehow got fascinated with college, right from my school days. I used to love movies which had scenes of college and used to dream of going there. So finally, the lucky day came and I was about to start a new page of my life.
I was finally coming out, from the closed corridors of a school to an open world of college. Little bit of nervousness and fear of getting ragged on the first day. Although, ragging was banned in most of the colleges, but what is banned, is done the most. People enjoy in breaking rules and showing others how much courage they had. I reached the college gate, it was huge structure made of iron but beautiful from outside, and from there I can see a massive building in between a lawn of green grass. The building was painted in white color and was standing with pride under morning light. There were small buildings standing equi-distant from each other, which I came to know as different administrative sections of the college.
I somehow managed to enter the college campus. It was a very huge campus. I thought and laughed at myself thinking of my school playground. I was puzzled and started thinking that, in such a big building where would I find my class. Then something I saw, which reduced my tension; there were other students who were facing the same problem in find their respective classes. I was relaxed, that I was not the only confused here.
They were roaming in the college in groups, which has equal number of girls. They were laughing while checking the notice boards and seeing this, I somehow felt a little left out, as I was alone there. I thought, how will I spend 3 yrs of graduation, with no one to hang out? Flashes of school days came in my mind and I started missing my friends, and what??? I saw someone, who looked familiar to me; I didn’t want to react before confirming that he is the same guy whom I knew. He was standing alone, and reading something on the far left notice board. The college corridor was very big and there were different classes lined up.  I started to walk towards him quickly, hoping to catch him before he leaves from there.
I thought, the guy I knew, had a charming physique, but the person who is standing in front of me, is looking tired and wearied out. I stood for a while in front of the dark green notice board just looking at him. I thought that, he only has the same face but the body is different or is I am getting hallucinations? I waited for the guy to turn; I wanted him to recognize me rather I recognizing him. While I was standing next to him, I looked at my watch. Classes would start in a minute or two; I got convinced that, it is just because of my loneliness, I am getting those impressions. I was about to turn back, then suddenly heard my name “Mainak….Mainak…Is that you?”.
I turned back excited and saw the same guy calling me. I thought, he might have seen me standing next to him from a long time. He also must be thinking the same way I was. I didn’t complain him for his so called “negligence”, which kept me standing for almost half an hour. But now, things are different, I got someone to talk and roam with. Without showing much excitement, I started walking towards him. The only question I could ask him at that point of time is “Ramesh..Hey!! Is that you??” He was surprised that,  I still remembered him, he came up with a sweet smile. The same smile, on which most of the school girls used to go crazy. He replied excited, “Where have you been man?” We started talking of our school days and of course school girls. Gathering some courage, I asked him” you don’t look the same person, I knew in school…What happened to you?” Hearing this, I could see, his face turning pale.
Next episode coming soon….

4 comments:

  1. College days are the most interesting part of our life.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. true....stay hooked up for more intresting ones ... Please do folow my blog .. if you liked it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm.. after reading this post.. i too miss my school n college days.. i think those were Golden days in everyone's life..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanku for this great posts..

    Data scientist course in hyderabad is Business is never been a cake walk and it consists of lots of information.
    Data scientist course in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger