Thursday, March 3, 2011

My College days (Part 2): Friendship finds you, wherever you are!!!

Days passed by and we again became good friends. The question I asked him was still unanswered. But I did not insist him to answer. We used to hangout daily after classes or even between classes. He often looked at me with questions in his mind and I could read that. By each passing day in the college, my world was getting bigger and bigger with people coming in it. I was happy in what I was getting and couldn’t expect anything more.
I did find the there were few more people from my school, who joined the same college. I was surprised that how come I have not noticed them, all these time? But “whatever happens, happens for good!!” I realized that they looked at me in a different way in school. As I was an average student in school, I was often differentiated and isolated. I was habituated of that, but the same people now were friendly or trying to be friendly with me. I knew, it was very hard for them even to break the shell which they had put for me. But this is not school, this is the actual life … the college.
I used to have classes mostly morning and would wind up by afternoon. We used to have fixed seats in all the lecture classes and all professors knew about us. Well, that was in kind of good and bad. We were not allowed to bunk classes because of the gaining popularity in the college. Ramesh found these things a bit strange, as he was coming from a well conserved family. He was always afraid that if his parents knew that he is hanging out in college, then they would stop him coming here.
He used to remain subdued and nervous and would look twice before taking a decision. I tried to make him understand the difference between school and college. I told him to be open and interactive as much as possible here, so that people will appreciate his presence. But in the back of my mind, I knew that, it will take time for him to adapt this new life style.
I was living my life like a king. I enrolled for a computer course, parallel to my college. I was able to convince my group to go for the course. The center was in walking distance from our college and I enjoyed shuttling between both the places. Although, coming in IT was never in my wish list, but I was there and I was enjoying every bit of it.
College gave me those friends, whom I never thought of becoming friends. One important lesson, I learnt from here is, “Friendship finds you, wherever you are!!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger